Learn to Play - Junior Development Class BLUE - Thursday
STAGE: BLUE — Key Competencies (7-10 yrs)
1. Set-up: Child has a functioning grip, posture and alignment. There will be noticeable area to
improve in the set-up but the child can function to the benchmarks below.
2. Full swing: Will increase the number of solid contacts with any club by 20%
3. Putting: Controls the distance the ball rolls to within 25% of the length of the flat putt.
(ex. ball rolls within 5 feet on a 20 foot putt) with reasonable consistency
4. Chipping: At least 40% of the chip shots from a stable environment have a functional loft
for the given shot and club selected
5. More Advanced Level of Etiquette:Child demonstrates a more advanced understanding of
golf etiquette (eg. Safety, keeping score of self and others, raking bunkers; repairing ball marks;
where to leave your golf bag; etc.) Although inconsistent, the child is aware of other people and
objects when swinging. Child can explain what to do in case of lightning while practicing
6. Rules of Golf: Child demonstrates a basic knowledge of the Rules of Golf including examples
such as: order of play, when a penalty stroke should occur, use of tee markers and when
the flagstick should be removed.